Plastic pollution is a problem in all corners of the world, so it’s incredibly important that we all play our part in recycling plastic water bottles after use.
After all, did you know that approximately 373 million plastic water bottles end up as waste each year, with only 36% of plastic drink bottles being recycled in Australia? Although the majority of plastic bottles are recyclable, the vast majority end up in landfill where they can take up to 1000 years to break down!
Bottled water has always been popular in Australia, especially during the summer months when temperatures soar and staying cool and hydrated is a top priority.
However, the impact bottled water has on the environment when it is not disposed of correctly can be devastating, especially when it accumulates in the world’s oceans. For example, when plastic is broken down, marine life often mistakes the small plastic particles for food, having devastating effects.
Our water filter range is not only great for the environment but your pocket too, with systems creating unlimited bottle-quality water for less than $4 per day. This $4 includes the purchase of the machine, full installation, our comprehensive service and product guarantees, even the annual cartridge replacements!
So, what can you do to make a difference?
The good news is that you can still enjoy the many benefits that come hand in hand with drinking filtered water without having such an astounding impact on the planet!
Here are just some of the things you can do to make a lasting impact!
- Avoid purchasing bottled water altogether – there are lots of water filters that you can invest in that will allow you to enjoy well-balanced water at home or work
- If you do buy bottled water, you should make a conscious effort to try and reuse your bottles as much as possible
- Install a tap filter if you are concerned about the taste or quality of your local tap water
- When you’re out and about and see plastic bottles disposed of on the ground, pop them in your bag and recycle them when you are home
- All local councils should make every effort to install water fountains to use to refill reusable bottles
Why choose Great Water Filters Australia?
Our water filters remove contaminants, replace healthy minerals and create a perfectly balanced pH9. All filters are designed for fast and simple cartridge replacement and are installed in homes, offices and workplaces across Australia.
Great Water Filters Australia has been serving its valuable clients for the past 30 years. We primarily focus on availing new gen-technology for improved convenience. Our expertise is in being a “One Stop Water Solution” for all essential water filter products. Aiming to provide Australia’s best water filter range.
Learn which one of our systems would be a good fit for your house or office:Compare Our Water Filters